Paragon’s Dual Action Tamp (DAT) module is designed to allow for greater flexibility in labeling your cases and pallets. It can be configured for a single side, leading/trailing or both side and adjacent leading/trailing panel labeling. The DAT module accommodates a wide range of label sizes. This applicator module has both a swing tamp and a separate straight tamp actuator and is available on all Paragon Models and operates as follows:
- The operator selects single side panel, single leading/trailing panel, or two panel operation.
- A label is dispensed onto the applicator pad
- The product is detected.
- If selected, the leading panel actuator engages, causing the pad to move into the path of the moving product.
- The pad presses the entire label against the product.
- The actuator retracts allowing the substrate to continue past applicator head.
- A duplicate label is dispensed onto the pad.
- As the substrate moves past, the strait tamp actuator (if selected) is engaged causing the tamp application module to move forward to apply to the side of the product.
- The “Smart Tamp” logic detects when the side application is made forcing the actuator to the home position, and keeping your product safe from damage.